Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Free to Be You and Me

I had the song "When We Grow Up" from the Free to Be You and Me album stuck in my head all last week for some random reason. I haven't heard that song in like 15 years. I bet I just made some of you have major flashback. I hadn't thought about that album in so long, but I must have listened to it 1000 times as a kid. And all the songs were so positive and had such good messages. Sometimes I'm so glad I had hippie parents. Just take these lyrics from the song "When We Grow Up" sung by a young Michael Jackson and Diana Ross:
Diana: And I don't care if I'm pretty at all
Michael: And I don't care if I ever get tall
Diana: I like what I look like and you're nice small
Michael & Diana: And we don't have to change at all
Or who could forget the famous "William Wants a Doll" (which I guarantee if it had been released today would have bore the brunt of endless parodies):


I downloaded the album off of iTunes today and my two co-workers had never heard it but then my other co-worker Alison started freaking out because apparently it also played an integral part in her childhood. Those were the days... ;o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you had hippie parents.

Angie Schiavoni said...

need I refer back to such incidences as the "blessing way" you threw me at age 13 or all the occasional "cigarettes" you guys rolled in the house.

Anonymous said...

Well written article.