Tuesday, May 8, 2007

I have become boring

I received an email from my friend Scott today. It read:

Congrats on the new blog. Your site has never looked better and your blogs have never been more boring. You are the anti-boring person Schiavoni so you can understand my disappointment. I am supposing that your lack of posts might indicate that you're out and about even more now — a further suggestion of your fun and exciting lifestyle — but the Schiavoni Files might prove otherwise.

That's the worthless two cents from your editor friend in D.C. Hope all's well!
I appreciated this email so much. I can always count on Scott to speak the truth.

And the funny thing is, that anyone who has talked to me recently knows that my life is pretty crazy right now. The problem is (and you will appreciate this Brett who was recently called a creationist without his consent) that although I want to share the interesting and controversial moments of my life, I don't want those elements to come up in a google search of my name for the next 10 years. Damn double edge sword that is the internet!

However, inspired by Scott, my new goal is to communicate the essence of my chaotic and exciting life without actually saying anything. This should be easy for me given my many years working in politics.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all let me say, the new profile picture of u is so lovely, and so YOU. i can picture you, glass of wine in hand, arguing the person in front of you to the point of no return..having been on the other side of the wineglass myself before, i pity the poor soul :)
second of all i know you're pretty busy, but your blogs are fun, and as ur friend scott said, we fans demand more beef. go write girl :)
xxx
love u ange
Dima

Anonymous said...

angie's life boring? Scott you have no idea!

*trying to figure out features on this comment thing ;)

Angie Schiavoni said...

dima,
that picture was taken at the dead sea and guess who was at the other end of it? actually, i can't remember exactly who it was but it was a halliburton guy and we were talking about war profiteering. so that makes it even more classic me I think!